Why do I need a Will?
Having a Will allows you to decide what happens to your property and possessions and, if you have them, children. It puts you in control. It does not matter what your circumstances may be – young, old, married, single, with or without children –
you need a Will.
Below are some things that we think you should consider:
- Should you die without a will, there are certain rules which dictate how your estate (that is money, property and personal items) should be allocated. This may not be the way that when alive you would have wished them to be distributed. A Will makes sure any gifts go to the people, or organizations you want.
- You will be able to leave money to your favourite Charity, tax free.
- Unmarried cohabiting couples (whether they are the same sex or not) will not usually inherit from each other unless there is a will, so the death of one partner may create serious financial problems for the remaining partner.
- Married couples with children under 18 should also consider what arrangements they want to make if either one or both of them die. You can appoint one or more individuals to act as guardian(s) for your children.
- Unmarried couples with children under 18 should also consider what arrangements they want to make if either one or both of them die. It is even more important for unmarried couples to make provision for their children.
- It may be possible to reduce the amount of tax payable on any inheritance.
- If you have a Will make sure it is up to date, as you may need to alter it. If you would like to know how to make a will please just contact us and we will talk you through the process. Will making does not have to be difficult and we shall give you the information and legal advice you need.
Why use Solicitor Direct for your Will?
It is, of course, important to consider what will become of your wealth and assets after you pass away. Many people have the intention to draw up, or update, their Will but never get around to it.
A quick call to Solicitor Direct will take this weight off your mind. We are able to produce a Will for you over the phone with the minimum of fuss and time, for a very competitive cost. You also have the peace of mind that you are dealing with a Professional and experience service. We also offer registration of your will to the Certainty national wills database. This will ensure your relatives can find your will once you have passed away. See for more information www.certainty.co.uk.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & SOLUTIONS
- What assets do you have?
- What would you like to happen at your funeral?
- Would you like family or friends to inherit certain belongings?
SOLUTION– Ask us to draft a will for you
- What would you do if your mental health deteriorated?
- What would you do if you had an accident which renders you unconscious or severely disabled?
SOLUTION- Ask us to draft an advance directive
This is a document which records your desires regarding medical treatment in circumstances in which they are no longer able to express informed consent. E.g. medically unconscious or suffering from an incurable condition
- What would you do if your mentally health deteriorated?
- Who would you like to make decision on your behalf?
- How would you like those decisions to be made?
SOLUTION – Ask you to draft a Lasting Power of Attorney
For any further information on any of our services please don’t hesitate to get in touch via the contact us tab or just click callback!