Solicitor Direct – Complaints Policy
What to do if you are unhappy about our service
We aim to provide a high standard of professional service to all our clients. In first instance it may be useful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we shall do our upmost to resolve any issues at that point. If however, you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our Complaints Policy here:
Complaints Handling Policy
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it so that we may improve our standards. We are committed to providing all our clients with a high-quality legal service. If you have a complaint about the service you have received or a bill you have been sent then please contact us with the details. Should your query relate to a bill, you must inform us within a month of receipt. Please contact us in writing with the details and send to Solicitor Direct Ltd 71 Hough Lane Leyland PR25 2SA.
What Happens Next?
1) We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 working days of us receiving the complaint.
2) We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the Head of Litigation who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. An investigation will be made into your complaint.
3) We will then either:
a) Invite you to a meeting to discuss the meeting. We shall do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter. Following the telephone conversation/meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
b) Send you a detailed written response to your complaint to include suggestions for resolving the matter. We will do this within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
4) If you are still not reasonably satisfied with the response after following steps you must contact us again and we will arrange for the Senior Partner to review the decision.
5) We will contact you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6) We will then write to you within 14 days of receiving the request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
7) If you are still not satisfied with our reply you are entitled to take your Complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. If you do wish to complain to the Legal Ombudsman you must do so within six months of your last contact with us and as soon as possible.
8) Contact information:
Call: 0370 606 2555
8.00 to 18.00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
9.30 to 18.00 Tuesday
Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN