Accidents at Work Claims
Personal Injury Claims and Claiming Compensation
Whether you work in a small shop or a large corporate office your employer must maintain a certain level of health and safety standards to ensure you are safe. However, accidents happen and at Solicitor Direct when they do we can help support you and your family. Often an accident may happen due to negligence or lack of procedures/training or safety policies. If it wasn’t your fault and you have been injured we want to help you receive the compensation right for you.
Type of accidents in the Workplace:
- Slipping or falling on wet floors/surfaces
- Falling from a height
- Lifting or carrying accidents
- Accidents involving machinery
- Tripping over equipment on the floor
Types of injuries:
- Back / Shoulder/ Neck Injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Crushed limbs
- Burn Injuries
- Industrial Disease
When Can I Claim and What to do?
If you have had an accident in the workplace you may be entitled to claim against your Employer. Employers have a legal obligation to have in place public liability insurance which means should anyone make a personal injury claim, often the insurance would pay any compensation.
Once the accident has happened you must:
- Notify your employer about the accident as they may have and work accident compensation claim procedure. Your employer is also legally required to keep an accident book and record your accident, details, etc.
- Take a photograph if you can. Our job is to prove the employer is negligent and photographs can be massively important to our success.
- If there were any witnesses get names and statements from them (or contact information)
- If you are a member of any trade union notify the union rep
We have helped many a client seek compensation, organise physiotherapy, counselling and many other needs to help them try and get back to pre-accident health. Just remember that your claim can take time. Complications such as having to leave employment or change jobs can obviously make your financial life worse. We can apply for advance payments of your compensation where possible. Remember we are here to help support you every step of the process.
Often we take your claim on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis and therefore our costs are paid by the other party. So if you have been involved in a slip, trip or fall get in touch by either calling 01772 424999, emailing email@example.com or visiting us at 71 Hough Lane Leyland PR25 2SA. Our friendly team of injury experts can offer you a free no-obligation consultation today.